Andrea M. McGinnis is an associate at Bailey Peavy Bailey. Her practice
involves general civil litigation, including complex mass tort and products
liability matters, as well as personal injury cases. While in law school,
Andrea was a member of the acclaimed South Texas College of Law Moot Court
Team, earning recognition for appellate oral argument and brief writing.
Following law school, Andrea has developed a diverse practice as a civil
litigator while also gaining significant experience in complex pharmaceutical
litigation. At Bailey Peavy Bailey, she manages all aspects of a wide-ranging
mass tort litigation docket that includes numerous pharmaceutical drugs
and thousands of plaintiffs. Before joining the firm, Andrea handled matters
concerning commercial and contract disputes, personal injury, family law,
probate and has experience in various aspects of alternative dispute resolution.
Andrea is active with the Houston Bar Association, including teaching
local middle school students about the legal process and civil procedure.
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1992
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2003
- Admissions: Texas, 2004
- National Quarter-Finalist: Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition
- Regional Semi-Finalist: Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- 2nd Best Brief Award: Spurgeon E. Bell Memorial Moot Court Competition
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity
- Houston Bar Association