Talk About Your Rights with a Knowledgeable Asbestos Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, and you or your loved one formerly worked in a factory setting where asbestos was used, you should not hesitate to speak with an experienced and equipped mesothelioma attorney. Our team at BPB can help you understand your options and your legal rights. We are passionate about what we do, and we’re here to serve you.
How Are Factory Workers Exposed to Asbestos?
Many individuals who worked in manufacturing settings have been exposed to asbestos. Factories are enclosed settings, which means that exposure can be truly devastating. In the early to mid-1900s, many products were developed and manufactured with asbestos.
In 1979, the deadly substance was finally banned nationwide, as the link between exposure to asbestos and contraction of dangerous illnesses such as mesothelioma and asbestosis had been confirmed by numerous documented studies. Despite the ban, many factory workers are only now being diagnosed with mesothelioma related to asbestos exposure. This is because the disease can take years or even decades to develop.
One study showed different individuals diagnosed with mesothelioma and
how they were exposed to asbestos in a factory setting:
- A foreman who managed repairs and maintenance at a plant for 40 years
- Two clerical workers diagnosed due to asbestos concentrated in offices even though they did not handle products containing asbestos
- An office worker who walked through manufacturing zones to examine operations, but did not have direct contact with asbestos
- A machinist who only worked at a plant managing production equipment for one year
- A leader in a hot press department who had oversight over a team of factory workers
Speak with our attorneys about your case: Call (888) 367-7160 for a free review.