Drug & Medical Device Injury Attorneys
Were You Harmed by a Dangerous Pharmaceutical or Defective Medical Device?
Every year, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approves hundreds of new medical devices and pharmaceuticals. The FDA is tasked with testing and approving these products only if they are safe and effective to perform as intended. Sadly, a focus on profits over people has resulted in lax testing, hidden trial results, and countless consumer injuries. Cases involving defective medical devices and drugs are complex and they are expensive to handle properly. They also involve not only the element of federal safety and FDA procedures, but state laws as well. Therefore, it is crucial that you retain an attorney experienced in this area.If you or a loved one was harmed by a defective drug or medical device, get in touch with BPB today to discuss your legal rights!
Notable Drug & Medical Device Defect Cases We Have Handled
Our drug injury attorneys have handled numerous cases of dangerous pharmaceuticals
on behalf of plaintiffs. For example:
- Lawyers in our firm successfully represented thousands of Fen-Phen users who had suffered heart injuries as a result of their ingestion of the anti-obesity medication.
- Attorney Camp Bailey also served as National Co-Lead Counsel for tens of thousands of plaintiffs in federal multidistrict litigation over the powerful antipsychotic drug Seroquel, a medication prescribed to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression. Hundreds of millions of dollars were recovered by claimants in the federal consolidated cases.
- Attorney Adam Peavy for the past three years has led the firm’s Paxil birth defects litigation, and is 1 of 4 lawyers who litigated the first Paxil case in Philadelphia (Kilker v. GSK).
- Attorney Scott Allen, of counsel to BPB, has extensive experience representing defendants in medical device litigation, including silicone gel breast implants, Norplant, and hormone replacement therapy, and now represents plaintiffs in various medical and drug defect cases, including Zoloft and Accutane.
- Attorney Rob Cowan has pursued lawsuits against drug manufacturers Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, and Eli Lilly for 8+ years, resulting in over $300 million recovered.
BPB: A Market Leader in Defective Drug Litigation
With decades of experience representing plaintiffs in dangerous drug and medical device litigation, Bailey Peavy Bailey Cowan Heckaman has become a market leader in this field. We have been involved in numerous settlements and lawsuits, amassing extensive experience in this field, as well as the resources to see these cases through to a successful resolution.
Get in touch with BPB today to learn how we might be able to help you if you were harmed by a dangerous drug or medical device.